32 million with 85.7% internet penetration
Numerous incentives and Entrepreneurship programmes in Malaysia
Ranked #3 in the world. (The World Bank 2017-2018)
Ranked #1 as Most Attractive Emerging Market in Asia (Bloomberg Emerging Market Scorecard 2018)
English is widely spoken
Ranked Top 5 in Asia by IMD
Ranked #1 by International Living Report 2017
Ranked #2 in Ease of Doing Business within ASEAN (World Bank Doing Business Report 2018)
Increase of GDP growth from 5.6% to 5.9% in 2017
Malaysia was ranked 23rd out of 137 economies in the Global Competitiveness Report, the highest ranked among the developing Asian countries
High growth sectors including Transportation, Construction, Tourism, Retail, Manufacturing, Agriculture
Malaysia is ranked 24th worldwide for the ease of doing business, outranking even some developed countries
WatchTower and Friends runs WTF Accelerator, a leading Malaysian startup accelerator. There are close to 50 startups in their portfolio, including top rated Malaysian startups such as TheLorry, MoneyMatch, MyCash Online, Postco and Omnimatics.
WatchTower is well connected within the Malaysian startup and business community. They have developed long standing contacts and relationships with a wide range of organisations.
WatchTower’s founders also run pitchIN, Malaysia’s number 1 equity crowdfunding platform.
We are looking for more partners, sign up if you are interested.
Next Intake: 23 – 25 April 2019
Program cost: USD1,150 per startup (up to 2 participants per startup).
Add on: (USD500) 1 extra day of 2 pre-arranged meetings.
Closing of applications is on 25th January 2019
- Cost of Program
- Ground Transportation
- Lunch and Networking Dinner (as per itinerary)
- Flight tickets
- Airport Transfer
- Tickets to selected external events
1. Welcome Introduction
2. Doing Business in Malaysia: Social and Business Cultures.
3. Your questions answered by Experts
4. Group meetings with a Malaysian Corporate and a Foreign Start-up based in Malaysia.
5. A Malaysian food hunt (evening)
1. The Investment Ecosystem in Malaysia – Meet VC’s, Angel Investors and other funding ecosystem players.
2. Speed Pitching to Funders
3. Group meetings with a Malaysian Corporate and a Malaysian Start-up.
4. The Malaysian night life (evening)
1. Group meetings with Malaysian Corporates.
2. 2 customised one-to-one meetings with your target clients.
3. Networking Dinner
|Day 4||1. Additional 2 customised one-to-one meetings with your target clients|